The threat of a computer hacker attack from an uninvited "guest" is growing more likely. Smart businesses can protect themselves against potential cyber invasion with our Hacker Liability and Hacker Loss on Insured Coverage.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of data records, including credit card and social security numbers, are stolen and exploited by hackers. Losses associated with these incidents can be astronomical, as the costs of notifying parties involved and paying out damages to customers adds up quickly.
Consider the potential costs...
- Broad policy form that includes both first and third party coverages
- Broad definition of Unauthorized Access including:
- Breach of the Named Insured's security by an outside party
- Breach by a permissive user where permission is gained by fraud or deception
- Breach by a permissive user for unauthorized purposes
- Introduction of fraudulent or destructive code
- The threat to introduce fraudulent or destructive code for the purpose of extortion
- Supplemental Payments
- $25,000 sublimit for public relations expenses
- $25,000 sublimit for reward payable upon arrest and conviction of guilty party
Broad form that includes both first and third party coverages
Breach of named insured security by an outside party
Breach by a permissive user where permission is gained by fraud or deception, or for unauthorized purposes
Introductions to fraudulent or destructive code and the threat to introduce malicious code for the purpose of extortion.
Supplementary Payments coverage available for Public Relations expense and Reward reimbursement